Camposol Residents Association
Central Liason Committee
Minutes of the 71st Meeting of the CLC held on 10th December 2010
Bob Owen Chairman
Les Crook Vice Chairman
Joyce Stewart Treasurer
Sandy Allison Secretary
The meeting started at 3.00 pm
Chairman’s opening remarks
The Chairman proposed that the minutes of the last meeting be accepted as a true record.
Proposed by Jackie. Seconded by Joyce. Accepted unanimously
Joyce Stewart reported that as at 10.12.10 there is 19268.63 in the bank, and a further 107.86 Cash in Hand.
Entity By-laws update
Chair reported that the lawyers had had four meetings with the council regarding the by-laws.
The draft by-laws should be ready for translation very soon, and would be discussed by the committee before a further meeting with the lawyers or council.
Re-cycling Bins Update
Secretary and José stated that they were still awaiting replies from the Council. They would continue to chase them, and the matter was carried forward to the next meeting.
Road Repairs Update
Secretary asked for an update on the road B13/B20.
Chair suggested moving the barriers by the island and putting them further along the road, by the dangerous dip, as an interim safety measure. (To be undertaken by Brian Jermyn –Chairman of B Clean)
Barrie expressed concerns regarding the recent statement from the council engineers that they have compiled specifications and costings for the work that would be needed for Masa to bring the urbanizations roads up to standard. Barrie reminded the committee that he had previously had considerable experience in the construction industry and that his unease had come about as a result of there not being any obvious evidence of the extensive investigation on Camposol that in his view would be needed to adequately form these reports.
The Chair stated it is not the responsibility of the CRA to stipulate specifications on road building. We are a neighbours association with no legal right to question the council’s qualified engineers.
It will become the responsibility of the entity and the duty of the Administrator to carry out specification checks on our behalf prior to taking over responsibility for the roads from the council. The CRA do not have a mandate or authority to accept responsibility for any completion of works. That is the right of all residents of Camposol once an entity is formed.
At that time if it is deemed necessary to employ an engineer/surveyor to verify the standards it is a cost to the entity so everyone pays, if we undertook to do it our members would pick up the tab. Hardly fair
Arrangements for minute taking at future meetings with the Council
Vice Chair explained the difficulty of participating in Council meetings, and taking proper notes at the same time
Joyce said that she thought it was very important for all of the Committee to have verbatim reports of Council meetings
Barrie said that his digital recorder gives very good results, and can be transferred to disc for future reference José intimated that the Council would have no objection to a recording being made
It was proposed by Vice Chair, and seconded by Treasurer, that we should purchase a similar device. Accepted unanimously
Jackie is to investigate the purchase of an MP3 recording device
Request from ASHOC to be given access to CRA website
Christian Duchenne has asked permission for the rest of ASHOC to be given the facility to access and post on the CRA web site
Membership of the CRA is needed to have access to the Forum, although CD was granted discretionary access by a former chairman, with a view to fostering a better relationship between the two groups. However, the committee were not in full agreement that it should be granted to other ASHOC members.
CD has asked Frans Permentier to discuss the matter with the CRA Chairman, but as yet no contact has been made by FP.
Resolution of Camposol’s Various Problems
All of the Committee members discussed and gave their opinions on the problems and progress on Camposol.
Chair said, that there were so many rumours going around Camposol, residents are not sure what is fact or what is fiction
It was therefore proposed to produce a quarterly news letter, edited by Barrie, which would be printed or inserted as a flyer in the Camposol magazines. This would give FACTS and information directly to the people of Camposol
Parking on Sector B Commercial Centre
Peter Pitt expressed concern about the illegal parking on Sector B Commercial Centre and also the number of drivers ignoring the ‘No Entry’ signs in the car park.
He enquired if we could do anything about it now, but was informed by Chair, that this could be incorporated into the entity by-laws
José explained that he is having difficulty getting a contact for Iberdrola, so the matter will be carried forward to the next meeting.
At the beginning of December José attended a meeting at the Town Hall about symptoms, preventative action and cures for the Red Weevil palm Disease.
José said that there was not enough information readily available to the public, so, there will be a précis of his report on the notice board in the CRA cabin, and when the Council provide an English translation, José will liaise with Joyce and Jackie and it will be posted on the website ASAP. It will also be included in the new quarterly news letter
CRA Website Forum Terms
Jackie expressed her dismay, that postings were being copied from the CRA Forum, to other websites without prior permission.
These were mainly private postings, and she felt that members’ privacy should be protected.
Barrie proposed that a new rule should be introduced to the terms of forum membership and this was seconded by Joyce. There was one abstention
The new rule reads as follows
Members must not copy and redistribute any information from the CRA Forum without gaining prior permission from the author
The CRA currently has 2308 members
Sector A 309
Sector B 446
Sector C 454
Sector D 1077
Who can be a member of the CRA?
Jackie stated that there are three conflicting statements on the website concerning membership.
She is going to investigate further, and provide recommendations for the next meeting.
Jackie explained that although our fees were very reasonable, due to some websites offering free advertising, the CRA website was not attracting any new advertisers.
Chair suggested that we offer a promotional deal, i.e. instead of 60€ for 6 months we would charge 15€ for 3 months
There being no other business the meeting closed at 5.30 pm
Date of next meeting TBA