Camposol Residents Association
Central Liaison Committee
Minutes of 65th Meeting.
Greg Green (Chairman)
Joyce Stewart (Vice Chairman/Treasurer)
Barrie Eveleigh (Communications Secretary)
Les Crook (Membership Secretary)
The meeting commenced at 2pm.
Item 1: Minutes of previous meeting.
It was proposed that the minutes from meeting 64 having been read and agreed be approved.
Proposed – John Daws
Seconded – Joyce Stewart Passed – Unanimously
Item 2: Approval of new committee member.
It was proposed that Peter Pitt be voted on to the CRA Central Liaison Committee as a member.
Proposed – Geoff Nastri
Seconded – Les Crook Passed – Unanimously
A short resume about Peter will be published on the website shortly.
Item 3: New Secretary.
Due to the unfortunate resignation of Mary Cooper through ill health, a volunteer was requested to stand as committee secretary. Bob Owen put his name forward and it was then proposed that he become secretary.
Proposed – Les Crook
Seconded – Barrie Eveleigh Passed – Unanimously
Item 4: Finance Update.
The treasurer gave out the following account details :
The CRA now only has one account at Caixa Axia with a balance of 19,505 Euros.
This is broken down in to:
Legal Only – 12,962 Euros
General – 6,410 Euros
Misc – 133 Euros
Cash in hand stands at 74.16 Euros.
It was agreed that in his capacity as secretary Bob would be added to the bank signatory list and Mary removed.
The ICA (Under build) finances were concluded with an outstanding balance of 760 Euros. 600 Euros were paid back to three committee members who had loaned this money originally to get the project up and running. 100 Euros had been used to pay off refunds to members who had requested their donation back and 60 Euros was allocated to a presentation to be made, with details revealed at a later stage.
The responsibility for running the ICA (Under build) facility has now been handed back to Dick Davies and the CRA thank the ICA for continuing to provide this facility for local groups.
Item 5: Membership update.
The current membership stands at 2,166 with 761 of those having been issued the new green membership cards.
It was decided that Joyce would take over the sole upkeep of the membership database as there had been some confusion when more than one person was involved.
Les will stay as Membership Secretary.
Item 6: Communication update.
Barrie mentioned that the last Camposol Journal printed the Editors written piece on the CRA and not his submitted article. The Chairman stated that he thought that this was to probably to do with cut off dates and would speak to the Editor to confirm this and ensure that if at all possible this does not happen again.
A reply had been received from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in reply to a CRA letter to the Minister for Europe sent some months ago. The letter which will be displayed on the CRA Cabin notice board stated that there was nothing the UK Government could do in relation to Spanish internal affairs but did point out that on their website details were available for finding English speaking lawyers.
The committee voiced its disappointment at what can only be considered another cop out from the UK government.
Item 7: Spanish School Project.
Les gave a report on the project for English speakers to attend the local Spanish secondary School in Mazarron to provide assistance for students to practice their English.
The response has been excellent and the programme has been filled. It is thought that little will be achieved this school year as the summer break is fast approaching but Les expects the programme to be fully operational from the start of the next school year. Thanks were given to Les and Joyce for their work to date on this project.
Item 8: JG/Mayor meeting.
Some weeks ago the committee emailed Jackie Galvez requesting a time for a pre meeting with her followed by a meeting with the Mayor. Despite a further email request no reply has been received.
Les stated that he had also emailed JG at her business email and had received an email back from her secretary saying that JG had no news about a time or date.
The Chairman said that had been to the Mayors secretary in the town hall at the end of last week and had made a verbal request for a meeting with the Mayor. The secretary said she would get back to him this week. If there is no reply by Thursday of this week he will go back and speak with her again.
Item 9: Local elections 2011.
The Chairman gave a briefing on his investigations so far in to the 2011 local elections. He stated that it was possible for the CRA to start its own political party but this would cost well over 2,000 Euros.
He had also had a meeting with Pepe from PARAME about joining forces to fight these elections with an aim to get a number of councilors elected and possibly hold the balance of power in the new administration.
It was agreed that for the benefit of Camposol over the next few years it was essential that we gained access to the Council and put an end to the contempt we are currently being shown from this current Mayor and his councilors.
The Chairman agreed that he would have a further meeting with Pepe with a view to progressing this matter further and putting a proposal together. All agreed that nothing would be finally agreed until the proposed actions were discussed and agreed with the CRA membership in an AGM or EGM.
Item 10: Camposol Market.
The committee are still receiving approaches from members and non members who would like to see a weekly market on Camposol, possibly on a Friday.
It was agreed that further investigations would be made with JG once a meeting was arranged.
Item 11: Update on local childrens project.
The Chairman gave a quick update on a meeting that he had attended on Sunday 23rd May held at Kennellys Bar and organized by a group of parents concerned at the lack of facilities for children of all ages living on Camposol.
The meeting had been very positive and a working group formed. It was agreed that although the CRA was not directly involved the committee would provide support and assistance if at all possible.
Item 12: Update on local group legal action.
The Chairman gave an update on the legal action being taken by a large group of homeowners who have major structural defects with their villas. The CRA have allowed updates to be published on its website and once again will give help and support where it can.
Item 13: Street Lighting.
The Chairman gave an update on the committee’s recent attempts to obtain a meeting with Iberdrola to find a solution to the daily worsening situation regarding the street lights on Camposol.
He stated that Iberdrola had asked for a list of meter boxes and although this seemed suspicious, he had not provided a list but had continued with his attempts to get a meeting. This had resulted in an email where Iberdrola state that before they can accept responsibility for the street lighting they need a major project document which lays out the complete installation and engineering to national standards. They thought that this document would be with Masa and would be part of the takeover process by the local authority.
It would seem unlikely that the CRA would be able to obtain this document and it was agreed that this matter be brought to the Mayors attention once again and in the meantime the Chairman would continue to attempt to get a face to face meeting with Iberdrola.
Item 14: Website & Website advertising.
It was confirmed that the website had been updated and space for sponsor advertising developed. The first sponsor is now in place and others have made enquiries as to availability. It was thought that this was an excellent opportunity for local businesses to access our increasing website hit rate at a reasonable monthly rate. It would also generate a regular income for CRA funds. Anyone business interested should email their enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 671 188 808.
The Discount Club has now been updated and provides information on many local businesses who are willing to offer discounts to CRA card holding members.
Item 15: Cabin Duties.
It was agreed that as he was now the new CRA committee secretary Bob would take on the responsibility of maintaining the Cabin Duty Roster.
There being nothing else to discuss the meeting was closed at 4.30pm.
The next meeting will be held at 4pm on the 28th June 2010.