CRA Central Liaison Committee Meeting 64 Minutes – 26th April 2010
Camposol Residents Association
Central Liaison Committee
Minutes of 64th Meeting.
Greg Green (Chairman)
Joyce Stewart (Vice Chairman/Treasurer)
Barrie Eveleigh (Communications Secretary)
Les Crook (Membership Secretary)
Mary Cooper (Secretary)
The meeting commenced at 2pm.
Item 1: Minutes of previous meeting.
It was proposed that the minutes from meeting 63 having been read and agreed be approved.
Proposed – John Daws
Seconded – Bob Owen Passed – Unanimously
Item 2: Committee Structure.
The Chairman reported that he had received an email from Mary Cooper who has decided to resign from the Committee due to ill health and a decision made with her husband to spend more time in the UK. It was with deep regret that this resignation has been accepted.
It was proposed that a vote of thanks and gratitude be passed to Mary for her longstanding service to the CRA Liaison Committee and best wishes for not only a quick recovery from her illness but also the future. Her input will be greatly missed.
Proposed- Joyce Stewart
Seconded- Geoff Nastri Passed – Unanimously
The Chairman stated that as we were now two under full compliment on the committee he would immediately meet with two new volunteers who had put their names forwarded.
The outcome of these meetings would be published as soon as possible.
The Chairman also asked that anyone who could devote a small amount of time to the Committee and future of Camposol can either email him at email@example.com or ring him on 671 188 808.
Item 3: Finance Update.
Joyce reported on the following accounts :
Legal Fund – 18,705 Euros (5,200 Euros awaiting transfer to General Account)
General Fund – 802 Euros.
Cash in Hand – 86 Euros.
ICA Cash in Hand – 625 Eros.
There was still a balance to be collected of 135 Euros for the ICA. Once this was received the 600 Euros initial start up loaned by 3 committee members would be repaid and the remaining 160 Euros paid in to the General Fund.
At this point full responsibility for the ICA underbuild would be passed back to the ICA Clinic.
As the Legal account and the General Fund are held at two different banks it was proposed to save on administration and bank charges by transferring both accounts in to one account to be held with La Caixa Bank. This account would still be administered in two sections legal & general for accounting purposes.
Proposed – Joyce Stewart
Seconded – Bob Owen Passed unanimously.
Item 4: Membership Update.
As Les was not present due to a family bereavement accurate numbers were not available.
Item 5: Communications Update.
As Barrie was not present due to being stuck in the UK due to the Volcanic Ash problem a report was not available.
The Chairman stated that he had received confirmation from Brussels on the arrival of the letter addressed to President Zapatero and the letter had been forwarded to Madrid for an answer. The reply will be posted on the CRA Cabin noticeboard.
Item 6: Spanish School Programme.
Joyce reported on a meeting that she and Les had recently attended with a local Spanish Secondary School in Mazarron relating to a programme where residents of Camposol would attend the English classes in the school to allow the students to practice their conversational skills in English. This activity was also expected to create a better relationship between the local Spanish community and expats living in the area.
We have now received a programme of classes which the school would like us to attend and Joyce is putting together a list of volunteers.
Anyone interested in joining this project can either leave their details at the CRA Cabin, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 671 188 808. Volunteers do not need any Spanish skills but it may be an opportunity for anyone wishing to improve their Spanish language.
Item 7: Website Advertising.
The first advertiser for the CRA website has now been agreed. Sensol Golf Villa Rentals banner will soon be shown on the site and up to 3 other advertisers are expected to follow. The revenue gained from these adverts will go towards the General Fund.
Item 8: Camposol Market.
Following several requests over the last few weeks about the CRA sponsoring a weekly Camposol Market a discussion took place over the viability of such a project.
It was decided that in principle this was possible but it was agreed that questions needed to be asked of the Council about establishing a fully legal operation on Camposol.
The Chairman will make the necessary enquiries.
Item 9: Mayor Meeting.
As the next Mayors meeting is due in the middle of May it was agreed that Councillor Galvez be contacted to confirm a meeting with her before the Mayors meeting as agreed in February.
The Chairman will make contact.
a. Cabin duties over the next two weeks are:
Mondays 11am to 1pm Geoff
Wednesdays 11am to 1pm John
Fridays 11am to 1pm Greg
b. A discussion took place over the possibility of putting CRA sponsored candidates forward for the forthcoming local elections. It was agreed that it would be very beneficial to have at least one and maybe more members in the Council to influence a speedy takeover of Camposol but there may well be issues with the CRA being involved due to its Charitable Status.
It was agreed that further information was needed and the Chairman will start the process of seeking clarification on these matters.
c. The Chairman stated that he had been approached about the possibility of buying the sales cabin next to the Saladillo Golf development on Sector D.
It was agreed that there was no use for it within the CRA but Bob said that the Sector D Community Group may be interested. The Chairman will make further enquiries and pass them on to Bob.
The next meeting was agreed for 24th May 2010.
The meeting closed at 4.10pm