Camposol Residents Association
Central Liaison Committee
Minutes of the 53rd meeting 19th August 2009
Those Present :
Greg Green Chairman
Joyce Stewart Treasurer
Mary Cooper Secretary
Jane Walters Vice Chair
The meeting opened at 11.30am.
1. The minutes of the previous meeting (52) having been reviewed and accepted as a true record.
Proposed John Daw, seconded Joyce Stewart passed unanimously.
2. The Chairman briefed those present on the current position re committee members. Unfortunately Tom Carpenter had resigned due to personality clashes on the committee.
Replacements had been approached from those not included from the recent elections.
Derek Smith had declined the offer on the grounds of differences with the current Chairman.
Steve Newman had declined on the grounds that he was currently fully involved in an ongoing action being taken by a group on his polygono against Masa.
Linda Crook had declined on the grounds that her husband Les was already a committee member and she thought that it could cause problems if they were both on the same committee.
Ken Richardson declined on the grounds of ill health.
Barrie Eveleigh has been contacted and will meet with the Chairman to discuss the opportunity on his return from the UK.
The Chairman stated that it was important that a new batch of people come forward and make themselves available for the committee.
3. A short discussion was held on the membership qualifications. It was agreed, due to concerns raised on other websites, that this subject needed to be debated openly at the next AGM/EGM and if agreed by the membership the rules changed.
4. As part of the discount scheme with the ICA it had been agreed that their underbuild could be used by groups such as the scouts & guides at peppercorn rents. The underbuild does need its toilet completing and it has been agreed that the CRA provide the funds to a maximum amount of 600 Euros to do this. The money will be recouped from rental charges for the room.
5. Greg Green produced a document that will form the major part of a newsletter to be released. It was agreed this would be finalized and then published.
6. Joyce Stewart produced a slightly amended registration form which was authorized for use.
7. Greg Green reported that because of the lack of progress with the bus service for Camposol he had recently had a meeting with the owner of the tourist train as seen in the port. The owner was very keen to bring his train to Camposol and provide a continuous service to all parts of Camposol. The details have yet to be finalized but will be concluded by the middle of September. The next step is planned for the meeting with Jackie Galvez in early September.
8. A proposal to spend 150 Euros on advertising in the Costa Calida Chronicle and the Camposol District Journal over the next 3 months was proposed by Les Crook and seconded by Geoff Nastri. It was passed unanimously. The advert will be aimed at recruiting more members and giving more exposure to the website.
9. Greg Green reported that the website www.cracamposol.com had been successfully launched and was having regular high daily hits. The forum membership now stood at 65 and was increasing daily.
10. John Daws reported that tickets were now available for the CRA Country & Western Night to be held at Marianos on the 3rd October. Tickets were 9 Euros and this included chicken & chips and free entry to the draw.
Helpdesk Summer Opening Hours : Mon, Wed & Fri, 4pm to 5pm.
11. Next meeting Monday 7th September 2009 at 12.30pm.
With no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 2pm.
Camposol Residents Association
Registration Number: 7943/1 – CIF G73369167
Apartado de Correos 61.